Understanding Return Policies
Knowing the seller's return policy makes shopping easier
On eBay, sellers can choose to set their own return policy for items they want to sell on eBay. Examine the seller's return policy carefully before you bid on or buy the item. This will help ensure that you have a satisfying buying experience.
What to look for in a return policy
Make sure you know the answers to the following questions:
Be sure to look in both the item description and the "Postage, payment details, and return policy" section of the item page to learn about the return policy. If you need more information, contact the seller by clicking the "Ask seller a question" link near the top of the item page.
- Does the seller accept returns, or is the item sold "as is"?
- Under what circumstances can you return the item? For example, does the item need to be in the unopened box it was posted in or can you return an opened box with all of the original materials?
- Do you have to return the item to the seller within a certain time period (for example, within 14 days after the item is delivered to you)?
- What kind of refund does the seller provide (money back, item exchange, etc.)?
- Who pays for return postage and handling, you or the seller?
- Does the seller charge a restocking fee?